Bachelor of Nursing Science Programme
|Degree||Academic Programme||Length of Programme|
(Students should have a good command of Thai language - Speaking, Reading, Writing)
The Certificate Programme for Practical Nursing at MFU is currently only open to students with Thai nationality. The fees represented here are only relevant for Thai students.
Believing that good health is an integral element of good quality of life, the School of Nursing, Mae Fah Luang University, focuses on promoting health improvement practices, disease prevention, and proper treatment and rehabilitation. In this process, nurses provide simple to complex healthcare services, with practical nurses assisting them in uncomplicated tasks. To ensure healthcare efficiency and to fulfill the mission of improving people’s quality of life, it is essential that practical nurses possess the knowledge and ability to treat patients with uncomplicated illnesses or injuries in healthcare service centres of all levels, in their homes and in their communities, within their scope of responsibilities and under the supervision of registered nurses or obstetricians. Moreover, practical nurses are expected to possess a healthcare service mind, accountability, integrity, adherence to moral principles and the ability to work properly and happily in their capacity and together with other healthcare personnel.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
- Ability to respond to people’s basic needs in their daily routines, to prevent complications and other threats, and to promote rehabilitation, under the supervision of registered nurses or obstetricians;
- Ability to give emergency first aid, under the supervision of registered nurses or obstetricians;
- Knowledge and ability to help and treat patients with uncomplicated illnesses, whether in their workplaces, homes or communities;
- Knowledge and ability to help and take care of elderly members of a community;
- Skills in preparing a proper environment and medical equipment for simple medical treatment;
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for working with registered nurses, obstetricians, healthcare teams and related organisations;
- Positive attitudes towards caring for other people; and
- Abidance by ethics and integrity.
- 49,400 Baht per semester
- 395,200 Baht per programme