Doctoral of Philosophy Programme in Dermatology
|Degree||Academic Programme||Plan||Class||Length of Programme|
|Ph.D.||Dermatology||1.1, 2.1||Mon-Fri (Bangkok)||3 Years|
|2.2||Mon-Fri (Bangkok)||5 Years|
Dermatology is the medical study that covers how to approach, diagnose and treat skin, nail and hair diseases. This specific program is designed to provide basic medical science, clinical practice skill, diagnosis and prevention of skin diseases.
Medical knowledge and health literacy continuously changes in various areas such as novel laboratory investigation, clinical diagnosis, updated standard clinical guideline for treatment and the upcoming novel medical technology. Such evolution posts challenge to study and keep up the integrative application of knowledge for best practice.
Health industry impacts country economy and keeps growing rapidly in Thailand. Health service delivery with high standard quality, modern cutting edge technology with high-performance health care personnels play the crucial roles for the growth of health care system. With the country’s high capacity and pertinent national strategic policy to drive economic growth, heath industry is truely driven and promoted. Increasing demand for knowledgeable and skillful health care professionals are in high demand, calling for the need for these dermatology specialized physicians to be prepared, as skin specialists-dermatologists, aesthetic physicians, and anti-aging specialized physicians to strengthen the industrial competitive capabilities and to catch up with the disruptive change in business and technology.
This Doctor of Philosophy in Dermatology program applies the “cognitive constructivism theory” as the fundamental tool for program development and design. The program is designed to maximize students learning and searching capabilities, cognitive and psychomotor skills, and critical thinking skills. Active learning and blended education tools are used in the teaching and learning process in classroom and in clinical setting facilities to support and improve the students and learners to interact, share and, finally, earn and achieve program learning outcomes, lifelong learner skills, critical thinking skill and interpersonal communication skills during the program.
The Ph.D. program in Dermatology is designed to enable learners to be able to
1) Demonstrate capabilities in investigating, analyzing, questioning and solving questions regarding answering the advanced gap of knowledge using international standard, research methodology.
2) Integrate international standard research methodology, advanced knowledge and clinical skills in clinical dermatology and related studies such as aesthetic medicine and anti-aging medicine; to synthesis and develop new knowledge innovation and innovative application in dermatologic study, clinical practice and related discipline.
3) Illustrate characteristically, high quality, national sustainable developmental citizenship skills including internalization, critical thinking skills, cooperative capability and interpersonal skills in multicultural society environment and leadership.
4) Demonstrate educational and clinical communication skills by nationally and internationally distributing clinical knowledge and innovations in general dermatology, aesthetic medicine and anti-aging medicine to the public and health care services.
5) Demonstrate the ability to formulate and design high level research, research protocol, conduct high quality dermatology research, new knowledge synthesis and innovation development synthesize new knowledge, develop innovation by integrating the new knowledge finding and innovative clinical practice in advanced dermatology, related business and industrial development.
This Doctor of Philosophy in Dermatology program delivers the intensive, Ph.D. program
in various disciplines which include basic science and clinical dermatology, clinical practical skill in dermatology and dermato-surgery, aesthetic medicine, and anti-aging medicine. The program was conducted by using active and blended learning tools to ensure the learners interactive engagement, to enable them to integrate knowledge from class with clinical practice training and to synthesize for new findings, new knowledge or to develop innovation in dermatology from the dissertation.
1) Dermatologist, Dermatological specialist
2) Instructor or lecturer in dermatology and medical fields in Universities, Governmental and non-governmental health care institutes
3) Clinical researcher in dermatology and medical fields in Universities, Governmental and non-governmental health institutes, and private sectors
4) Health business entrepreneurs and private dermatology clinic owner, aesthetic, and anti-aging medicine.
PLO1 To demonstrate high morality with pertinent ethical behavior in medical and research practices
PLO2 To be able to explain fundamentals of dermatology, clinical knowledge in uncommon and advanced dermatologic disorders, high standard clinical research and up-to-date clinical practices guideline in uncommon and advanced dermatologic disorders for diagnosis and treatments, and able to integrate
PLO3 To develop new knowledge and innovation applying high level internationally accepted research methodology for uncommon and advanced dermatologic disorders
PLO4 To demonstrate personal responsibility, cooperative capability, and interpersonal skills in multi-cultural society
PLO5 To conduct advanced statistical analytic skill, educational and clinical communication skills
PLO6 To demonstrate clinical practice skills in uncommon and advanced clinical dermatology, aesthetic medicine, and anti-aging medicine
PLO7 To exercise the application of entrepreneurship skill for the commercialization of the knowledge acquired
- Plan 1.1, 2.1:
- 143,000 Baht per semester
- 858,000 Baht per programme
- Plan 2.2:
- 143,000 Baht per semester
- 1,430,000 Baht per programme
Total credits : 48 credits (3-year Doctor’s Degree)
1. Dissertation 48 credits
2. Non-credited subjects
Total credits : 48 credits (5-year Doctor’s Degree)
1. Major Required Subjects 3 credits
2. Elective Subjects 9 credits
3. Dissertation 36 credits
Total credits : 72 credits (5-year Doctor’s Degree)
1. Core Courses 16 credits
2. Major Required Courses 5 credits
3. Major Elective Courses 3 credits
4. Dissertation 48 credits
(Refer Doctor of Philosophy Program in Dermatology Year 2022)
- 1.1 = Dissertation only (not less than 48 credits) (Master's degree graduates)
- 1.2 = Dissertation only (not less than 72 credits) (Bachelor's degree with honours graduates)
- 2.1 = Course work (not less than 12 credits) with Dissertation (not less than 36 credits) (Master's degree graduates)
- 2.2 = Course work (not less than 24 credits) with Dissertation (not less than 48 credits) (Bachelor's degree with honours graduates)