On 20-21 June 2019, students from the School of Nursing, Mae Fah Luang University won five awards in the 4th Nursing Educational Institute Network Student Forum: "Today's student, Tomorrow's professional." This international forum was jointly held by the School of Nursing, Mae Fah Luang University; the School of Nursing, University of Phayao; and Boromarajonani College of Nursing Phayao.
The conference brought in over 300 participants from Thailand, the Philippines and Australia to expand their horizons and exchange ideas via the keynote speeches by Dr. Pamela Van Der Riet from Nursing and Midwifery, Faculty of Health and Medicine, University of Newcastle, Professor Michael Hazelton from University of Newcastle, Australia, Dr. Mary Grace C. Lacanaria from School of Nursing, Saint Louis University and Assoc. Prof. Yu Chu Huang from Fu-JEN Catholic University. There were also a variety of academic oral presentation and poster innovation contests.
Competing against 47 innovations submitted in three categories of the poster innovation contest (Product Innovations, Practice Innovations, and Nursing Education & Health Education Innovations), MFU’s three innovations won the first prize including:
1. the Mini heart pillow for reducing postpartum blood loss by Ms. Chanyanut Maneechot
2. the 3 in 1 sweet potato pillow for relieving labor pain by Ms. Sasipa Nakok, Ms. Sukunya Chanachon, and others.
3. the Multifunction butterfly pillow for promoting a breastfeeding by Ms. Kulanat Kajina, Ms. Jeeraporn Ketwangkuang, and others.
Additionally, other two innovations won the 2nd runner-up prize including:
1. the MFU feeding holder by Ms. Suphaphit Kongsri and Mr. Siwakon Sriwicha
2. the Smart glove sock O2 sat for improving the efficiency of oxygen reading by Ms. Kuntida Penkeaw and others
Winning awards shows that MFU students are keeping MFU’s commitment to promoting health improvement practices, ensuring healthcare efficiency and providing quality public health services to people. Altogether, this conference was a great opportunity for nursing students to exchange their innovations, ideas as well as culture with friends from different countries.