MFU retains the first rank in Thailand for the 2nd consecutive year in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings Life Sciences Subject. Out of 895 universities worldwide that are leading across the following disciplines: agriculture and forestry, biological sciences, veterinary science and sport science (11 of which were Thai higher education institutions), Mae Fah Luang University was ranked in the 251-300 group in the latest THE 2021 World University Rankings by subject, released on 28 October 2020. MFU performed the strongest in citations at 93.7 and international outlook at 61.3.
Nowadays, MFU offers nine programmes in Life Science subject which are:
1. Bachelor of Science Programme in Biotechnology (Biological Science);
2. Bachelor of Science Programme in Food Science and Technology;
3. Bachelor of Science Programme in Postharvest Technology and Logistics;
4. Bachelor of Science Programme in Sports and Health Science;
5. Master of Science Programme in Biological Science;
6. Master of Science Programme in Food Science and Technology;
7. Master of Science Programme in Postharvest Technology and Innovation;
8. Doctor of Philosophy Programme in Biological Science; and
9. Doctor of Philosophy Programme in Food Science and Technology
MFU will make all the necessary effort to maintain its national academic leadership status and to make our institution a world class university that serves society with high-quality research, teaching and internationalized activities in Life Science subject.
TheTimes Higher Education World University Rankings 2021 by subject’ methodology is carefully recalibrated for each subject, with the weightings changed to suit the individual fields. The weightings for the life sciences ranking are: Teaching (the learning environment) 27.5 %; Research (volume, income and reputation) 27.5%; Citations (research influence) 35%; International outlook (staff, students and research) 7.5%; and Industry income (innovation) 2.5%.
For more information https://bit.ly/33c1lv4