Bachelor of Traditional Chinese Medicine Programme
|Degree||Academic Programme||Length of Programme|
|B.CM.||Traditional Chinese Medicine
(Applicants are required to be able to use Thai in listening, speaking, reading, and writing at a competent level. Moreover, the applicants must have a Chinese Proficiency Test HSK result of a level 4 of higher)
- Standard Academic Study (10 semesters)
- Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine or Xiamen University (2 semesters) (Applicants will responsible for additional costs such as airfares, accommodation, living cost etc. for two semesters in Xiamen University or Yunnan University of Chinese Medicine)
The Traditional Chinese Medicine Programs aims to produce high quality Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors which are knowledgable and skilled according to the Thailand Traditional Chinese Medicine Profession committee.
Moreover, they are skillful with herbal medicine production and processing techniques. Able to integrate with modern medicine in providing overall health plans which can efficiently compliment the main healthcare system.
This program produces Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors with necessary skills in diagnosis, treatment, prevention, health promotion and self-care health advice according to Traditional Chinese Medicine Profession standards and within the limits of the law with morality and professional ethics.
Students can use the 21st Century skills and are able to apply their skills in Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Cupping, Chinese Medicine Formulary and Herbal Medicine Processing along with the aid of modern medical technology to integrate healthcare plan with other healthcare professions in both healthcare units and community settings.
Moreover, students have entrepreneurship skills and can assist in creating both conventional and digital medical innovation.
The student of the Traditional Chinese Medicine program main study focuses on diagnosis, treatment, prevention and holistic health promotion and recovery according to the Traditional Chinese Medicine approach. Using specific skills such as Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Tuina and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
This program has a colloaboration with Xiamen University and Yunnan University of Chinese Medicine which are renowned Chinese Univerisity in producing high quality Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctors. Student of will study in China for additional TCM Theories during the 2nd semester of the 5th Year and practice in clinical settings during the 1st semester of the 6th Year. Moreover, students are fluent in Chinese language and are able to integrative their Traditional Chinese Medicine with Modern Medicine in both government and private healthcare settings
1. A Traditional Chinese Medicine Doctor in both government and private healthcare units
2. A staff or academic officer at institute or departments in healthcare or related fields
3. Independent entrepreneurs
4. Chinese herbal production and processing entrepreneurs
PLO1: Has professional practical skills to conduct diagnosis, treatment, health promotion and self-care health advice according to Traditional Chinese Medicine Profession standards, both national and international levels, and within professional ethics.
PLO2: Has the ability to work creatively with interdisciplinary professionals by effectively integrating Traditional Chinese Medicine with Modern Medical in both clinical and community settings
PLO3: Has the ability to perform quality control and inspect the quality specifications of Medicinal plants for Traditional Chinese Herbals production and processing and are able to apply this with treating health conditions
PLO4: Has the ability to communicate and present their work in Thai, Chinese and English.
PLO5: Has entrepreneurship mindset for healthcare businesses with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
PLO6: Has the ability to create medical innovation with Traditional Chinese Medicine knowledge.
- Year 1, the tuition fee is 39,000 Baht per semester (2 semesters)
- Year 2 semester 1 - Year 5 semester 1, the tuition fee is 78,000 Baht per semester (7 semesters)
- Year 5 semester 2 - Year 6 semester 1, the tuition fee is 13,000 Baht per semester to Mae Fah Luang University (2 semesters) and pay a tuition fee to university in the People's Republic of China in the rate stipulated by the universities (2 semesters)
- Year 6 semester 2, the tuition fee is 78,000 Baht per semester (1 semester)
- 722,000++ Baht per programme
- Programme Structure
- Bachelor of Traditional Chinese Medicine
Total credits: 241 credits
1. General Education Course 30 credits
2. Chinese Language Foundation 46 credits
3. Specific Requirement Course 159 credits
1) Core Course 54 credits
2) Major Required Course 105 credits
4. Free Elective Course 6 credits
(Refer to Bachelor of Traditional Chinese Medicine Program Year 2021)