Bachelor of Arts Programme in International Development
|Degree||Academic Programme||Length of Programme|
(Applicants must pass an interview)
Bachelor of Arts in International Development at Mae Fah Luang University aims at creating graduates with both theoretical and practical expertise in undertaking developmental tasks in international settings. The graduates are expected to be initiators of change, with the capacity to make beneficial contributions to society, at local, national and international levels.
The graduates are expected to possess the following qualities:
1. Well-roundedness of theoretical knowledge and skills related to international development in responding to national, regional, and international needs;
2. Ability to search and apply bodies of knowledge related to international development, in a prompt and up-to-date; and
3. Life skills abiding by integrity and moral principles together with analytical and problem-solving ability.
1. Students in this program could join the international exchange programs and excursion in the counterpart universities in Asia with a partial scholarship supported by the university.
2. There are two research centers under the School of Social Innovation namely the Area-based Social Innovation Research Center [AbSIRC] and the Asian Research Center for International Development [ARCID] which can support student to gain the first-hand-experience through research projects and other academic activities.
1. Governmental officer in various organizations;
2. Staff in related international organizations
3. Staff in both domestic and international development agencies including the non-governmental organization
4. Social Science researcher and academician in educational institutes, research centers, and think tanks.
5. Corporate social responsibility (CSR) workers in a private company
6. Owner or staff of a social enterprise
PLO 1: Ability to analyze international development-related issues according to sustainable development principle through appropriate research methodology
PLO 2: Cross-cultural working skills which suit the transboundary issues
- 45,500 Baht per semester
- 364,000 Baht per programme
- Programme Structure
- Bachelor of Arts Programme in International Development
- Total credits: 129 credits (4-year Bachelor’s Degree)
1. General Education Course 30 credits
2. Specific Requirement Course 93 credits
1) Core Course 30 credits
2) Major Required Course 39 credits
3) Major Elective Course 24 credits
3. Free Elective Course 6 credits
(Refer to Bachelor of Arts Program in International Development Year 2022)