Doctoral of Philosophy Programme in Computational and Data Science
|Degree||Academic Programme||Plan||Class||Length of Programme|
|Ph.D.||Computational and Data Science||1.1 , 1.2||Mon-Fri||3 years|
Computational and data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses computational knowledge such as mathematics, statistics, and computers to analyze data from various fields of science that will lead to forecasting, pattern recognition and method for decision-making in areas to be applied, such as agriculture, business, natural resources and the environment, etc.
The Computational and Data Science program focuses on producing personnel with advanced knowledge and research skills to develop cognitive processes and integrate Big Data from various sciences to create a model or pattern to create a new body of knowledge and understanding. This will lead to finding solutions to problems, decision making, innovation and the most effective management.
Aim to produce knowledgeable Ph.D. Research competence in computational and data science with the following characteristics:
- adhering to code of conduct
- 21st century skills
- A positive attitude
- Responsibility for duties and society and can work in diverse societies
- Ability to develop innovative models by integrating various sciences related to lead to finding solutions to problems, decision making, innovation and the most effective management
-Data and technology trends in data analytics, modeling, prediction and prescription
-Data scientist is the hottest career topics in business and other fields
-Variety of problems to pursue your study in a particular subject such as public health, economics and logistics, environment, agricultural science.
1. Data scientist, Data analyst
2. Professional scientist
4. Academic staff (Teacher or Lecturer)
5. Computational and data science Innovator
PLO 1 Be honest and comply with research basic ethics and information ethics.
PLO 2 Discuss the linking principle. mathematical theory Statistics and computers applied to big data of various sciences and can characterize models and analytical tools.
PLO 3 Create models with new concepts or methods to create insight and/or manage problems of interest.
PLO 4 Have a positive attitude with continuous self-improvement, responsibility for duties and society and ability to work in diverse societies.
PLO 5 Use statistical and guided data analysis. (Prescriptive analytics) and be able to communicate and disseminate the results of the study to target groups at the international level.
- Plan 1.1:
- 45,500 Baht per semester
- 273,000 Baht per programme
- Plan 1.2:
- 45,500 Baht per semester
- 455,000 Baht per programme
- Plan 1.1: Dissertation (48 Credits)
- Plan 1.2: Dissertation (72 Credits)
- Programme Structure
(Refer to Doctor of Philosophy Program in Computational and Data Science Year 2021)
- 1.1 = Dissertation only (not less than 48 credits) (Master's degree graduates)
- 1.2 = Dissertation only (not less than 72 credits) (Bachelor's degree with honours graduates)
- 2.1 = Course work (not less than 12 credits) with Dissertation (not less than 36 credits) (Master's degree graduates)
- 2.2 = Course work (not less than 24 credits) with Dissertation (not less than 48 credits) (Bachelor's degree with honours graduates)