|Degree||Academic Programme||Plan||Class||Length of Programme|
|M.Sc.||Information Technology||A1, A2, B||Mon-Fri||2 Years|
Thailand’s economic and social development is directed towards adopting knowledge and technology as the basis for economic restructuring. The aim of this policy is to achieve a value-based economy, primarily through adoption of information and communication technology as an impetus to create a digital economy and society. As computer and digital technology has become a basic necessity for the country’s economic and social development, higher education institutions are required to prepare graduates with advanced expertise in information technology, the ability to conduct research, and the potential to build on existing knowledge and develop more efficient products and innovations. Aware of the aforementioned needs, the School of Information Technology now offers a Master of Science Programme in Information Technology. The primary goal of this programme is to create information technology specialists who possess researching ability and advanced skills in analysing and solving technical problems related to information and digital technology. The Master of Science Programme in Information Technology was designed to offer intense teaching/learning activities, theoretical and practical emphases, and training programmes focusing on developing problem-solving skills. The teaching/learning activities integrate lectures with multimedia materials, whilst training is provided in modern laboratory facilities, and, moreover, through problem-based learning and project collaboration with the industrial sector. This programme’s primary objective is to create information technology graduates with the capability of coping with the rapidly changing information technology business and industry in Thailand, in response to the government’s digital economy and society plan and information technology collaboration between Thailand, AEC countries and the international community.
1. Ability to comply with international standards, with advanced information technology knowledge and skills and the ability to apply them to different contexts and current market demands;
2. Theoretical and practical knowledge of information technology, responding to the public and private sectors’ needs;
3. Ability to create innovations and apply technologies to the digital economy context;
4. Creativity and ability to conduct information technology research and/or studies;
5. Strong communication and presentation skills, good leadership skills and good command of English; and
6. Abidance by moral standards, professional ethics and a sense of social responsibility.
Advanced program in information technology, provided ability to conduct research with national and international partners, and the potential to build on existing knowledge and develop more efficient products and related ICT’s innovations with industrials partners.
1. Information technology researcher
2. Information technology project manager
3. Information technology system designer and developer
4. Information technology academic trainer
5. Information technology supervisor and risk manager
6. Information Technology Policy Maker and Strategy Manager
7. Information Technology innovator and entrepreneur
8. Related Information Technology expert
PLO1: Knowledge, competence and skills in information technology. Reformed to the context of the country to develop society and the nation for better quality of living as well as having the potential for national and international competition.
PLO2: Self-directed learner and Life-long learner with knowledge of theory and practical skills in information technology.
PLO3: Competency in information technology and related innovation for digital economy context.
PLO4: Creative mindset and research skills in information technology.
PLO5: Knowledge sharing ability and good in communicate a proficiency in the English language and a leadership skill.
PLO6: Good ethics self-directed and society responsible, systematic thinking.
- Plan A1:
- 25,000 Baht per semester
- 100,000 Baht per programme
- Plan A2, B:
- 40,000 Baht per semester
- 160,000 Baht per programme
- Total Credits Required: 36
- Plan A1: Thesis (36 Credits)
- Plan A2: Coursework (18 Credits) and Thesis (18 Credits)
- Plan B: Coursework (30 Credits) and Independent Study (6 Credits)
- Programme Structure
(Refer to Master of Science Program in Information Technology Year 2017)
- A1 = Thesis (not less than 36 credits), no course work
- A2 = Thesis (not less than 12 credits) with course work (not less than 12 credits)
- B = Coursework (No Thesis) with Independent Study (IS) or Special Project (not less than 3 credits but not over 6 credits)