Master of Science Programme in Computational and Data Science
|Degree||Academic Programme||Plan||Class||Length of Programme|
|M.Sc.||Computational and Data Science||A1||Mon-Fri||2 Years|
Computational and data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses computational knowledge such as mathematics, statistics, and computers to analyze data from various fields of science that will lead to forecasting, pattern recognition and method for decision-making in areas to be applied, such as agriculture, business, natural resources and the environment, etc.
The Computational and data Science program focuses on developing learners to change their thinking processes (cognitive) and integrate Big data from different sciences into models or patterns to understand and predict what will happen and use it for effective decision making.
To aim to produce graduates with knowledge research competence in computational and data science with the following characteristics:
- Adhering to code of conduct
- 21st century skills
- A positive attitude
- Responsibility for duties and society and can work in diverse societies
- Ability to develop models by integrating various sciences related to be used for effective decision making
-Data and technology trends in data analytics, modeling, prediction and prescription
-Data scientist is the hottest career topics in business and other fields
-Variety of problems to pursue your study in a particular subject such as economics and logistics, environment, agricultural science.
1. Academic staff (Teacher or Lecturer)
2. Professional scientist.
3. Data scientist, Data analyst
PLO 1 Be honest and comply with research basic ethics and information ethics.
PLO 2 Discuss the linking principle in mathematical theory Statistics and computers for use with big data of various sciences.
PLO 3 Develop a model by analyzing various factors related to the problem of interest and evaluate the reasonableness of the model.
PLO 4 Have a positive attitude with continuous self-improvement, responsibility for duties and society and ability to work in diverse societies.
PLO 5 Use statistics and predictive analytics and be able to communicate and disseminate study results to national target groups at the national level.
- Plan A1, A2:
- 45,500 Baht per semester
- 182,000 Baht per programme
- Total Credits Required: 36
- A1: Thesis (36 Credits)
- Programme Structure
(Refer to Master of Science Program in Computational and Data Science Year 2021)
- A1 = Thesis (not less than 36 credits), no course work
- A2 = Thesis (not less than 12 credits) with course work (not less than 12 credits)
- B = Coursework (No Thesis) with Independent Study (IS) or Special Project (not less than 3 credits but not over 6 credits)