Seven MFU students were selected to participate as MFU SDGs Ambassadors in the “Virtual AIMS Student Forum 2021: SDG and I Impact, Inclusion and Innovation” held by Universiti Taknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia on 27 July - 28 August 2021.
During this forum, students were assigned to work on the project with friends from different universities. Each group needed to create a TikTok video to spread knowledge and awareness of the Sustainable Development Goals among the public.
There were 40 participants from AIMS participating universities including Ateneo de Manila University (the Philippines), Dongguk University (Korea), Mae Fah Luang University (Thailand), Universitas Ahmad Dahlan (Indonesia), Universitas Sriwijaya (Indonesia), Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (Malaysia), Universiti Malaya (Malaysia), Universiti Malaysia Pahang (Malaysia), Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (Malaysia), Universiti Sains Malaysia (Malaysia), Universiti Teknologi MARA (Malaysia), and Universiti Utara Malaysia (Malaysia).
MFU SDGs Ambassadors included:
1. Ms. Kuenzang Dema, a fourth-year student from the International Development programme, the School of Social Innovation who won the Best Participant award and the Third Best Tik Tok Video award for her video of SDG 5: Gender Equality;
2. Mr. Natapol Kamonwat, a first-year student from the Aviation Business Management programme, the School of Management who won the Best TikTok Video award for his video of SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities;
3. Ms. Nussareeya Sueree, a fourth-year student from the English programme, the School of Liberal Arts;
4. Ms. Ratikan Petkamkaew, a second-year student from the Accounting programme, the School of Management;
5. Ms. Sanita Bunga, a third-year student from the Multimedia Technology and Animation programme, the School of Information Technology who won the Third Best TikTok Video award for her video of SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation;
6. Ms. Waeazeezah Nimo, a second-year student from the Logistics and Supply Chain Management programme, the School of Management; and
7. Mr. Xiaohang He, a second-year student from the English programme, the School of Liberal Arts.
Altogether, the forum successfully helped enhance the student’s knowledge on the 17 SDGs, encourage collaborative learning among the students, and inculcate students with critical thinking and creativity.