Hans De Wit Fellowship
Center for International Higher Education, Lynch School of Education & Human Development, Boston College will award one fellowship per academic year.
Fellowship benefits include:
- Reimbursement for round-trip economy class airfare to and from Boston and any fees associated with processing any necessary visa paperwork
- A monthly stipend of $3500, intended to cover the cost of housing and medical insurance
Upon arrival, Fellows will be provided with a designated desk and printing privileges, as well as use of a desktop computer if necessary. Fellows are expected to find their own housing and to organize their own visa paperwork, although institutional support documentation will be provided by the Office of International Students and Scholars at Boston College.
CIHE can welcome one Fellow per academic year. Fellowships are designed to be four months in length, and Fellowship applications may choose between a Fall (i.e. August to December) or Spring (i.e. either February to May or March to June) stay. CIHE cannot accommodate Fellows in July or August.
Any early career researcher in higher education studies (i.e. within five years of the completion of a doctoral degree) is eligible to apply. Preference will be given to applicants from marginalized backgrounds, including those with refugee status, those based in the Global South and those from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Interested applicants must submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A letter of interest, which includes the following:
- A clear rationale for why spending a semester at CIHE will be beneficial to the applicant;
- A detailed explanation of the independent research that the applicant intends to complete during their visit; and,
- A description of the ways in which the applicant believes he/she can contribute to the intellectual life of the CIHE/BC community
- Further details about the applicant’s background, which may be beneficial for determining eligibility for the Fellowship, may also be included.
2. A current CV
3. Completed Visiting Scholar Application Form
Applications are due by March 15 2024. Finalist candidates will be invited to interview with the CIHE leadership in April as part of the application process.