On 11 September 2018, the School of Sinology at Mae Fah Luang University launched “Explore Chiang Rai”, a Thai-Chinese Travel App at the Central Plaza Chiang Rai.
With the concept of “Make a Travel in Chiang Rai Easier, just Click”, a latest travel application ‘Explore Chiang Rai’ was initiated to offer an useful collection of tourist attractions, restaurants, and hotels in Chiang Rai province.
In the world that technologies have been rapidly developed, the internet has become the most important information source in various aspects including tourism. Most of tourists search for travel information mainly on the internet. With recognising the importance of technology and Thailand 4.0 strategy, the School of Sinology has developed a Thai-Chinese travel application to provide tourists with easy access to information on Chiang Rai province. Also, this application is expected to support the largest number of incoming Chinese tourists while promote the tourism industry in Chiang Rai province.
President of Mae Fah Luang University stated that nowadays, Chiang Rai is one of Thailand’s provinces that has welcomed a countless of Chinese tourists. However, there are a few Thai-Chinese travel applications and some have incomplete content. The Explore Chiang Rai app, therefore, was developed to provide tourists with convenient access to information as well as support the expansion of tourism sector in Chiang Rai province. The app also serves as a mean for local entrepreneurs to present their products and services as well as discover further business opportunities. With these advantages, the application will enhance Chiang Rai’s tourism strengths and the nation’s economic strengths.
The Explore Chiang Rai app consists of eight main features as follows:
1. Information about tourist attractions of Chiang Rai province with video presentation in both Thai and Chinese languages
2. Map and directions from Google Map and Baidu Map
3. Blog sharing unique travel routes and recommendations
4. Blog sharing pictures or recommended tourist attractions in Thai and Chinese languages
5. Recommended local restaurants and products
6. Recommended hotels (help user to contact hotel directly on app/site)
7. Essential tools including weather forecast, compass and useful phone numbers
8. Language corner (translator, useful phrases and short conversations for travelling)
Download this app for your IOS and Andriod devices or access www.explorechiangrai.com