On 28 August 2019, in the Meet the President event, the President of Mae Fah Laung University, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chayaporn Wattanasiri shared the university’s vision and mission of being ready to face the challenges in an ever-changing world.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chayaporn Wattanasiri stated that MFU will continue to carry on the philosophy of Her Royal Highness Princess Srinagarindra to “Restore the forests and develop the people.” In addition, MFU will maintain the founding President’s determination to make MFU the “University in the Park” and the “University of Opportunities.”
She added that as we move forward together the most important thing is enhancing the capacity of all the lecturers and staff to be ready to deal with changing circumstances, while strengthening MFU’s ability to make the university strong enough to be self-sufficient.
Bearing in mind the new, the different, the better and together concept the President established the following missions:
- Develop people: producing quality graduates
- MFU together: maintaining the MFU identity in which every division and school work together for the benefit of the university
- Empowerthe workforce: supporting the development of the employees’ capabilities, especially language competencies
- Research and Innovation to the market: promoting innovation and research for commercial purposes, especially in the field of health science
- Digital university: adopting technology to enhance the efficiency of the management system and the quality of teaching that meet the needs of prospective students
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chayaporn Wattanasiri also said that the reason for MFU’s achievements over the past twenty years is a unique culture called FOCUS. This “FOCUS” stands for Flexibility; Organization first; Creative and innovative mindset; Unity and teamwork; and Sincerity and integrity.
Altogether, the President concluded that “For me, an executive is a leader who uses the competence of all our staff members to drive Mae Fah Luang University to forward to reach our destination.”