According to the severe global outbreak of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), Mae Fah Luang University feels important to update about the current situation concerning the COVID-19, while reassuring everyone that measures are being taken to protect MFU community.
At this time (25 March 2020), we would like to emphasize that there are NO confirmed cases of coronavirus in Mae Fah Luang University.
What MFU is Doing?
The university remains open and operational. As the health and safety of our students and staff is always our top priority, MFU is actively and strictly implementing the measures of monitoring and preventing the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 as follows:
- Promoting a frequent hand-washing and face masks among members
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting all areas (e.g., classrooms, canteens, offices, restrooms, and common areas)
- Cancelling activities or events of more than 50 people
- Postponing travel abroad both professional and personal
- Postponing all student exchange and visiting scholar programmes
- Keeping people away from the School if they are sick
- Requesting all students/ faculty whose family members living with them had arrived from overseas to self-quarantine
- Cancelling all classroom-based teaching conducted in Chiang Rai Province from 16 March to 17 May 2020
- Cancelling the classroom-based midterm, final and exit examinations
- Implementing the work from home policy to limit the number of staff members in the workplace each day
- Postponing the internship courses of the second semester and summer semester for academic year 2019
Lecturers are required to determine the appropriate alternative means of assessment and provide online instruction employing innovative measures to maximize learning while limiting the need to gather in large groups.
We are doing several measures to protect all students, faculty and staff members especially the most vulnerable among us. While these new measures will cause disruption, the risk of inaction outweighs the inconvenience of these temporary measures. We require your cooperation, patience and collaboration to ensure an appropriate response across our university to this rapidly changing situation.
For further information on how MFU is responding to the COVID-19 outbreak, and for the latest health advisories and other information, please check our webpage or social media, which is being regularly updated.
We will continue to update the community regularly to keep you informed of additional measures.