On 10 August 2020, the Academic Extension and Development Office at MFU held the introductory event of the How to Live and Learn on Campus 2020 (HLLC) for all first-year students of academic year 2020 or the 22nd batch of lamduan of Mae Fah Luang University.
This year is very special and different from other years as the HLLC activity has been conducted online. Students can easily participate in all activities via a website from 10 – 23 August 2020. The HLLC 2020 specially includes 13 activities under 5 zones as follows:
1. Janoptham Zone: ‘Meet the President’ (welcome address by the MFU President, Assoc. Prof. Dr. Chayaporn Wattanasiri)
2. Edukos Fanum Zone: ‘Follow the Royal Determination activity’ (how to adjust to university life); ‘Lamduan Origami’ (how to fold origami of university’s symbolic flower); ‘MFU Discovery’ (explore places in MFU); ‘Blessing Ceremony and Khan Tok Dinner’ (learn Lanna culture)
3. Epitychia Zone (experience and advice sharing from experts): ‘Setting Your Goals’ (by Alexander Rendell, Thailand’s national goodwill ambassador for UNEP); ‘Grace and Smart Student’ (by Bon Jakobsen, a speaker and social influencer) and ‘Teen Lessons’ (by DJ P’ Oy from Club Friday)
4. Pantheonia Zone: ‘The information about the Schools’; ‘The Inspiration’ (listen to success stories); and ‘Meet the Alumni’
5. Neomatius Zone (a source of creativity): ‘MFU Content Contest activity’
The HLLC activity is a part of MFU Character course which has been designed to help all students to build inspiration, entrepreneurial mindset, adaptability and other skills needed in the 21st century. Moreover, all activities are well-designed to ensure that MFU first-year students will “Be happy and Be Success at MFU.”